Many illnesses can be linked to imbalance within the body. Imbalances can stem from a variety of factors including our environment, diet, lifestyle and the thoughts we are thinking. Many symptoms experienced today in our fast, stress-filled world, such as anxiety, depression, fatigue, allergies and frequent colds, are physiological signs of imbalance within the body.
Naturopathic medicine seeks to find the underlying cause of a condition and restore balance, creating whole-patient wellness, rather than focusing solely on the symptoms. Increasing overall health and vitality, the benefits of Naturopathic medicine are many, including increased energy, improved concentration, less stress and anxiety, more restful sleep, balanced metabolism, weight loss, reduced pain, heightened immunity, improved digestion, as well as a greater enthusiasm and enjoyment of life.
Naturopathic Medicine can treat a wide variety of health conditions and medical symptoms.
- Acute conditions such as colds and flu, gastrointestinal complaints, allergies, hay fever, back pain, nausea, diarrhoea, hot flushes, kidney infection, candida, kidney stones, bronchitis, headaches, stress and emotional grief.
- Chronic conditions such as migraine, fibromyalgia, carpal tunnel syndrome, sciatica, osteoporosis, osteoarthritis, gout, allergies, asthma, anaemia, chronic fatigue syndrome , post viral fatigue, hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, weight management and metabolic syndrome.
- Mental and emotional conditions including anxiety, panic attacks, depression, obsessive compulsive disorder, insomnia, self-esteem issues, attention deficit hyperactive disorder, anger and addiction.
- Cardiac conditions including hypertension, elevated cholesterol, heart disease, stroke prevention, varicose veins.
- Autoimmune conditions including lupus, multiple sclerosis, rheumatoid arthritis, scleroderma, psoriasis, Hashimoto’s disease, Grave’s disease, Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis and coeliac disease.
- Skin conditions including eczema, acne, dermatitis, allergic rashes.
- Digestive disturbances including constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (GORD), candida, food allergies, haemorrhoids, gas and bloating.
- Female conditions including premenstrual stress (PMS), menstrual discomfort, menopause, yeast infection, infertility, endometriosis, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
- Male conditions including prostate enlargement, impotence, andropause, and infertility.
- One of the main principles of Naturopathy is “prevention is better than cure”. Naturopathic medicine offers the education and tools to empower people to improve their health and prevent disease.
There are many conditions that can benefit from Naturopathic Medicine. If your condition is not included in this list, please enquire to see how Naturopathic Medicine can benefit you.
"Prevention is better than Cure"
- Naturopathic Principle